How we drive & the condition of our roads:
The way we drive has changed over the years, how we drive them and the conditions of our roads. Normal driving is defined as steady driving in non extreme weather conditions. Today being a severe driver is more the rule than the exception. The Motor industry refers to “severe driving ” as :
- stop and go traffic,
- short commutes,
- heavier loads: cargo, passenger or towing a trailer,
- rough or mountainous roads,
- dusty or salty environment,
- driving the car before its had a chance to warm up,
- driving in extremely hot or cold weather.
As a driver, you should be aware of your vehicles needs & properly maintain & repair it as outlined in the manufacturers guide. If you do, your car should perform safely and dependably for years to come.